Pricing Newsletter & Course
Wondering what you can charge?
- Are you working hard but not capturing substantial profits?
- Do you wonder if you could earn more money with less effort?
- Did you just make a guess when it came to pricing?
- Have you changed your offerings, but left your rates the same?
You'll receive a series of lessons on pricing to get you thinking about how to improve your business.
- Why modern pricing strategy isn't like what they taught you in school
- Why you need to throw your spreadsheets out the window
- Why you need to think hard about your business goals
- How to look closely at your product
- How to spy on your competitors
- How to dollarize customer pain points
- How to recognize problems with free offers
- How to use product tiers
You'll also receive my monthly Q&A session. In it, I'll answer questions from readers like you.
🎵 If you prefer audio, you can subscribe to the podcast instead: Pricing after Dark 🎵
Here are the archives:
- November - What's the Deal with Corkage Fees?
- October - Ethics of Recurring Payments
- September - Anonymity and Pricing
- August - Value Pricing Retainers
- July - Devaluation of a Related Product Line
- June - Selecting Items to Flip
- May - Lowering Prices because of Covid-19
- April - Market Rates in Low-Cost Areas
- March - Responding to Price-Sensitive Customers
- February - Passing Along a Price Increase
- January - Approaches to Price Tiering
- December - Charging for Tiny Bits of Work
- November - Pricing and the Build vs Buy Decision
- October - When Worse Might Be Better
- September - Shadow Work for Software Companies
- August - Great Employees at Rock Bottom Prices
- July - Misconceptions about Order Qualifiers and Order Winners
- June - Over-Specialization and Pricing Power
- May - A Consulting Client's Minimum ROI
- April - Entering a New Market
- March - Price Discovery via Incrementalism
- February - Selecting a Loss Leader
- January - Pricing Power and Double Specialization
- December - Dealing with an Underbid on a Value-Priced Contract
- November - Matching a Competitor's Price Increases
- October - Pricing without Clear Requirements
- September - The Sizing of Profit Margins
- August - Implementing Price Tiering
- July - Beating Competitors with Price Cuts
- June - Honesty and Pricing
- May - Niche Selection Gone Wrong
- April - Designing Productized Offerings
- March - Comparing Dissimilar Pricing Structures
- February - Customers and Their Perceptions of Value
- January - Value Pricing's Dirty Secrets